Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Groundhog's Day Ends!

Ok I'm really referring to Crib Training my Sweet pea!

All I can say is Praise....Jesus!!!!

The first 4 days were the worst! Then it gradually tapers and by day 7 - done and DONE.

I feel like a new woman - so new that I attempted to go buy some new clothes...

Then I remembered - oh wait - I haven't lost the baby weight so yeah Holly ended up getting a whole new wardrobe that day. She is going to look Hella Cute!!!

Before this, I researched all over the Internet Highway on how to best approach this...when you are a first time new mom, you just don't really know what to do. You just have a lot of trial and error and more Errors it seemed. Sometimes you just feel lost.

So now that I have the time and GUTS to attempt this crazy feat, I leaned more towards CIO than the other. Every time she cried I would just go back in her room, pat her down, tell her I love her, 'night night' and leave the room.

In the beginning the crying (ok Shrieking, screaming..MOMMY!!!!) lasted around 30-40 mins (rip my freaking heart out). Then she would wake up Several Times/night and I would repeat it...then with each passing day the crying and waking  finally subsided!!!

I can still hear her wake herself up and cry but she can now put herself back to sleep within 5-10 minutes!

No one tells you these things. There was no way I could have Ever done this while working a full time job and handling house work pretty much full time by my self.  But I know there are plenty of single parents that do this Every. Day.

So I want to commend and honor all those Tireless, Strong, Single Parents that do this all while juggling a full time career, house, pet, family and maybe perhaps themselves.

That's all for now - time to think about that workout...Step 7 right?

Success......


No comments:

Post a Comment