Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cookies for Breakfast Recipe!

So Step 5 - Finally Lose that Baby Weight.

I had come to the realization that it was almost impossible to stay Sane and Diet while juggling work, home, and family. So now that the moment has FINALLY arrived - here we go.

I have a giant sweet tooth. I would rather eat a carrot for dinner if that meant I could have dessert too. I know, I know - empty calories but just trying to let you know my mindset.

The Quest begins to find that perfect lower cal/fat cookie recipe that won't have me chained to the treadmill the next day in Spanx, cursing at myself as to WHY DID I DO THAT????

After 'Pinteresting' I came across this website: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1543

She lists TONS of ideas along with the calorie/fat information.....but I adapted her cake/pumpkin puree recipe...

Ingredients:
One Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chip Dry Cookie mix
OR
Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix (any brand will do)
One can Pumpkin Puree

Directions:
Mix
Use the whole can of pumpkin puree if you like really Moist Cookies
Use 75-80% of the can for less moist

Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick insert comes out clean (around 30-40 mins depending on the size of your cookie  *** I made mine really large (so it look around 35-45 mins)

The consistency is more like a moist muffin rather than a hard/soft cookie -which makes it PERFECT for Breakfast. I have also found that the pumpkin puree that can really Empower a flavor, so try to use it with other cookie mixes that can complement like dark chocolate, chocolate, or pumpkin (maybe Spice!)

Verdict....That $%$% is GOOD! lol.







No comments:

Post a Comment